I just read a great article by Dan Kimball here that asks a great question about Jesus and the church. That article has birthed this blog entry.
Here’s why Jesus couldn’t work at church.
* He took part in or was around the drinking of alcohol.
* His best friends weren’t the church people.
* He wasn’t a legalist. He was a rule breaker.
* There were lots of rumors about him.
* He was single. (Sorry, no Scripture on this one. Just a subscription of belief.)
* He wasn’t afraid to call out the guy in charge of the money.
* He cared more about His family than His job.
Makes for some interesting dialogue in your head don’t it? Wait…am I the only one that does that? Anyway, we’re all at a level of accountability. Let’s make sure accountability doesn’t become a spirit of self-projected conviction on others. Wow, that phrase sounded smart.