My wife took my kids and left.
That sounds a bit more dramatic than the situation actually is. You see our daughters have Spring Break this week. So Anita decided to hop over to Atlanta with the kids and spend some time with her family for the week. The girls will be in our neice's wedding in a couple of months so the final fittings and all needed to be done as well.
Unfortunately I was unable to accompany them on this trip. So what does a fella do with an empty house for a week? There has been plenty of television watching and Oreo eating, but I actually accomplished a good bit too.
Over the last six days I've done the following:
1. Work (led worship, had a fun night with North Rock Students, writing, office time, a boat load of meetings)
2. Coached soccer (1 game, several practices)
3. Fixed a shelf in the girl's closet.
4. Fixed the ottoman in my son's room.
5. Fixed the dining room table.
6. Steam cleaned the living room carpet.
7. Decorated for Easter.
8. Went to see Hunger Games.
9. Built a shelf in the garage.
10. Yard work. (thanks to Tutkus' for the help)
11. Watched a soccer tournement.
12. Cleaned the bathroom.
14. Rearrange the garage.
Now, if you actually read the list I'm sure that was more info than you cared to know. But I just wanted to celebrate some accomplishments. It's a good feeling to look back and see you were filling the hours with more than just internet and television.
So what's on your "Honey Do List?"